Re: Any way to get rid of -MP parameter to gcc for dependency creation?

From: Xan Lopez
Subject: Re: Any way to get rid of -MP parameter to gcc for dependency creation?
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 00:26:43 +0100

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 12:18 AM, Xan Lopez <address@hidden> wrote:
> I haven't tested it personally, but I can ask. What I know is that
> Chromium uses gyp, which on Linux generates Makefiles, and they claim
> their null-build time is pretty much zero (not sure on which machine,
> though, so perhaps that's only the case for some huge iron). So it
> would seem that whatever our problems GNU make shouldn't be one of
> them.

Just checked the logs for the Chromium bots, their null-build there is
~15s ( http://build.webkit.org/builders/Chromium Linux
Release/builds/20242/steps/compile-webkit/logs/stdio). I guess the ~0s
was on some powerful development machine the hacker I talked with had,
or perhaps the slave is overloaded or misconfigured in some way.

Good news I guess, the setup in my laptop is already faster (with the Plo hack).

Xan