Re: make test with fortran program

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: make test with fortran program
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 23:41:39 +0100

Hello Eve-Marie,

please do not top-post (writing your answer above what you refer to)
on these lists.  Thank you.

* Eve-Marie Devaliere wrote on Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 07:55:49PM CET:
> AM_DEFAULT_SOURCE_EXT = .f90
> TESTS = forward/Example1_Simple/Example1_Simple \
>         k_matrix/Example1_Simple/Example1_Simple
> check_PROGRAMS = $(TESTS)
> AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS=subdir-objects

> make test
> make: Nothing to be done for `test'.

'make check' is the thing to use; see 'info Automake --index check'.

> It hasn't created the *.o files either....

It should create all the files you need.

> I haven't specified test: or all: but in the main Makefile.am I haven't
> either and it figures out how to compile what. I thought TESTS would do
> that for me??

TESTS only specifies what tests to run.  check_PROGRAMS specifies which
files are compiled and linked, and are needed before the 'check' target
can run.  AM_DEFAULT_SOURCE_EXT specifies the source file extension
that, for a program 'foo', the default foo_SOURCES entry has.