Re: PKG_CHECK_MODULES on system without pkg-config installed?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: PKG_CHECK_MODULES on system without pkg-config installed?
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 15:38:44 +0900

Jef Driesen <address@hidden> writes:
> Isn't it easier to just check for the presence of the header file and/or
> the library file, avoiding pkg-config entirely?

Well, I'd prefer not to guess when possible, and not using pkg-config
for a package that wants you to use it means you end up guessing at the
proper locations/settings.  Maybe this often works, but why risk it when
it's not necessary?

-miles

--
Selfish, adj. Devoid of consideration for the selfishness of others.