My drafts for Google Summer of Code applications

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: My drafts for Google Summer of Code applications
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 00:56:02 +0100

Hello automakers.

Good news: GNU has been accepted as a mentoring organization for this
year's GSoC (Google Summer of Code), and the GNU "Project Suggestion"
page at:
  <http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2011.html>
lists a couple of Automake-related projects for which an application
could be submitted.

Now, barring last-minute problems, I should be elegible to
partecipate as a student to GSoC, so I'd like to submit applications
for those two projects.

So, here I'm going to post my first drafts for those applications, with
the hope of getting criticism, suggestions, and general feedback.  This
would help my proposals (and thus the new features that will result
from them, in case they are accepted) to be more informed about, and
moulded by, the opinions, needs and experiences of a real user base.

I'll post each proposal in its own follow-up message, in order to
keep the thread nicely strucured.

Thanks,
  Stefano