Automake mingw cross compile problems

From: Erik de Castro Lopo
Subject: Automake mingw cross compile problems
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 11:10:49 +1000

Hi all,

I all I have a rather large Makefile.am that used to work for both
native compiles on linux and cross compiles from linux to windows.
This suddenly stopped working with automake 1.11.1 from debian.

The relevant parts of the Makefile.am are:

    AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = subdir-objects

    noinst_PROGRAMS = test_main$(EXEEXT) G72x/g72x_test$(EXEEXT)

    noinst_LTLIBRARIES =  GSM610/libgsm.la

    G72x_g72x_test_SOURCES = G72x/g72x_test.c
    G72x_g72x_test_LDADD = G72x/libg72x.la

    check : $(noinst_PROGRAMS)
        G72x/g72x_test$(EXEEXT) all
        ./test_main$(EXEEXT)

The problem is that the test programs don't get built. Or rather
something gets built and put in the G72x/.libs directory, but there
is nothing in the G72x/ directory for the generated Makefile to run.

Cheers,
Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/