Re: make check failures

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: Re: make check failures
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 19:14:58 +0200

On Tuesday 24 May 2011, Graham Reitz wrote:
> > Did you copy-paste that line?
>
> Yea, copy/paste error when I manually removed the full path.
>
> > Could you please post the resulting `test-suite.log'?  It's hard
> > to tell what's going on without more information ...
>

> Absolutely, I didn't want to pollute the list if this was an error or
> lack of knowledge on my part.

Hmm... from the errors I see in `test-suite.log', it appears that you
haven't managed to correctly override AUTOM4TE after all ...

Or maybe, do you have AUTOM4TE exported in the environment, and
pointing to your system autom4te? (which, as we've already seen,
is too old for latest automake).  Consider that automake honours
the AUTOCONF and AUTOM4TE env vars *at runtime also*, not only at
configure time; so exporting those variables effectively clobbers
the choices made at configure time.

Could you please post also the `config.log' generated by configure,
and the results of the following commands:

 $HOME/root/usr/local/bin/autoconf --version
 $HOME/root/usr/local/bin/autom4te --version

and finally tell us whether AUTOCONF and AUTOM4TE are defined in
your environment (and if yes, to what values and versions)?

Sorry for not having asked this useful information right away.

Regards,
  Stefano