Re: Source files in different directory?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Source files in different directory?
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 08:16:23 +0200

Hello Paul,

* Paul Elliott wrote on Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 12:05:54PM CEST:

> I need to keep my source files (i.e. .c and .h ) in a different directory
> tree
> from the one that contains the autotools control files and the build
> directory.

That's supported by default: see
  info Automake "VPATH Builds"

Apart from that feature, you can also specify source file names with
subdir components, e.g.,
  foo_SOURCES = a.c sub/b.c sub/subsub/c.c

and depending on whether you use the subdir-objects Automake option,
objects will land in the current directory or in relative subdirectories.

Hope that helps.