Re: bug#9088: Java support

From: tsuna
Subject: Re: bug#9088: Java support
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 21:51:51 -0700

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Jack Kelly <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 9:55 AM, tsuna <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 1:58 AM, Stefano Lattarini
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> As my java foo is pretty weak, I'm not sure how to handle jar manifests,
>>> jar entry points, or other jar/javac subtleties and advanced features.
>>> Suggestions welcome.
>>
>> You can create the manifest manually fairly easily.  Here's an example
>> in the project I'm in the process of autotoolizing:
>> https://github.com/stumbleupon/opentsdb/blob/6059488f38fc8a51d426d6972eee6fdd1033d851/Makefile#L207
>
> Perhaps there should be support for a foo_jar_JARADD, that by analogy
> to _LDADD, that specifies additional files to be included in the jar?
> Then the manifest is just another file. My Java-foo is also weak, so
> I'm not 100% sure if that would actually work.

You need to know specifically which file is to be used as the manifest
file, because you need to pass it to "jar".  The dependent jar files
need to be separated because you need to use them to assemble a
classpath (e.g. "-cp dep1.jar:dep2.jar:some/directory").

--
Benoit "tsuna" Sigoure
Software Engineer @ www.StumbleUpon.com