Re: Now: linker input file unused because linking not done; solution fou

From: Paul Elliott
Subject: Re: Now: linker input file unused because linking not done; solution found.
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 19:29:47 -0500

On Wednesday, July 20, 2011 01:34:11 AM Paul Elliott wrote:
> On Saturday, June 25, 2011 03:47:56 PM you wrote:
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > you may try:
> >
> > DIR = $(top_srcdir)/../other/src
> >
> > to refer to that directory.
>
> I have moved all my .c and .h source to a defferent directory from the one
> wherein I am building. I now get a lot of error messages of the form:
> "linker input file unused because linking not done"

The solution to these messages has been found.
When I removed this line from Makefile.am the messages disappeared.
>INCLUDES =     $(astrosrc)

It seems that if you specify a source file in a different directory, the system
knows to look in that directory for includes without explicitly telling it to.

But why did this line cause the error? I can not figure out the
"linker input file unused because linking not done" error.

Thank You.