Manual merges.

From: Peter Rosin
Subject: Manual merges.
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 09:33:29 +0200

Hi!

I checked to see what would happen if I merged maint back into msvc after
commiting the AM_PROG_AR series, and there is some minor testsuite fallout
that needs to be fixed manually.  My plan was to amend the merge commit
with the fixups, along with a note in ChangeLog pointing to what files
I'm touching etc.  The question is how I should label the resulting commit.

The merges normally get commit messages like

> Merge branch 'maint' into msvc

but that does not look like a normal ChangeLog header. But that's the best
I can think of.

So, a commit message along these lines:

> Merge branch 'maint' into msvc
>
> * tests/foo.test: Adjust to new portability requirements due
> to the new AM_PROG_AR macro.
> * tests/bar.test: Likewise.

And this in ChangeLog:

> 4711-17-42  Peter Rosin  <address@hidden>
>
>       Merge branch 'maint' into msvc
>       * tests/foo.test: Adjust to new portability requirements due
>       to the new AM_PROG_AR macro.
>       * tests/bar.test: Likewise.

Sounds like a plan?

Cheers,