Re: [gnu-prog-discuss] Could automake-generated Makefiles required GNU m

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [gnu-prog-discuss] Could automake-generated Makefiles required GNU make?
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 18:20:17 +0900

Dave Hart <address@hidden> writes:
> If anyone knows of examples of
> non-recursive Makefile implementations that manage to preserve the
> recursive make property of being able to make in a subdir to make a
> subset, please share so we can learn from their pioneering.

Could you just put a (probably constant) stub Makefile in each
subdirectory, which simply invokes the top-level Makefile with an
appropriate parameter to indicate which subdirectory it came from...?

-Miles

--
Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature
of the Unknowable.