Re: [RFC] Releasing automake 1.11.2

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: Re: [RFC] Releasing automake 1.11.2
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 20:51:33 +0100

 <http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10026>

At this point I think we are ready to release a beta version of 1.11.2,
and then ask for help on platform-testers to smoke out some more bugs
on "exotic" platforms before the stable release.

Since the current version number for automake in branch-1.11 is `1.11.1a',
I *think* that running `make git-release' from a freshly bootstrapped
branch-1.11 (all while following the directions given in the HACKING file,
obviously) should be enough to create *and release* the beta.   But I'd
rather be sure and reassured about this, to avoid the risk of messing up
"my" first release; so, at risk of looking dumb, I'm asking here for an
ACK from either Jim or Ralf before proceeding.

Thanks,
  Stefano