Re: Automake 1.11.2 released

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Automake 1.11.2 released
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 00:16:04 +0900

Antonio Diaz Diaz <address@hidden> writes:
> Three years and three stable releases have passed since a patch (by
> Jan Engelhardt) adding dist-lzip support to Automake was sent to this
> mailing list[1], but Automake 1.11.2 doesn't yet mention lzip
> anywhere. By contrast xz support was added when xz was at an early
> beta stage.

What's the difference between xz and lzip anyway...?

I've never even heard of lzip, but the debian package description makes
it sound very similar to xz...

-Miles

--
Americans are broad-minded people.  They'll accept the fact that a person can
be an alcoholic, a dope fiend, a wife beater, and even a newspaperman, but if