Re: PCH support

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: PCH support
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 01:31:29 +0900

2011/12/26 Olaf van der Spek <address@hidden>:
>> Faster enough to be worth the annoyance for the developer of twisting
>> his source code to fit the "pch style" (which seems notably uglier)?
>
> Yes
> I'm not sure what twisting you're referring too though.

Another comment noted that PCH was often ineffective or even
counter-productive unless the bulk of your includes are precisely the
same between compilation units, and that in practice systems like VS
try to get the user to define a single "include everything" header
file (presumably instead of the normal practice of "include the stuff
you use").

Sounds pretty darn ugly (and I expect makes compile times far worse if
you _can't_ use PCH in some case)...

-Miles

--
Cat is power.  Cat is peace.