Re: [RCF] parallel-tests: removing the "check-html" target and the .log

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: [RCF] parallel-tests: removing the "check-html" target and the .log -> .html conversion?
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 16:14:59 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012, Stefano Lattarini wrote:

So, in conclusion, here is my simple proposal:

 1. We deprecate the support for HTML testsuite output in the documentation of
    the 1.11.3 release.

 2. In the 1.12 release, we remove it from the automake core, providing instead
    (in the automake tarball) an "extra" `.am' fragment that can offer a similar
    (and hopefully completely equivalent) functionality.

Opinions?

I am a fan of reStructuredText and rst2html but definitely agree that this functionality does not need to be in the core of Automake and that there only needs to be sufficient provision to hook in some formatting tool to produce alternate output formats.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn