Re: allowing users to add source files without rerunning the autotools?

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: Re: allowing users to add source files without rerunning the autotools?
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 20:35:08 +0100

Just a minor FYI and a minor question ...

On 01/19/2012 09:27 PM, Nick Bowler wrote:

> [SNIP]
>
>> What automake does for source files it knows about is just "include
>> $(DEPDIR)/srcfile.Po" (apparently "include" is considered portable
>> make?).
>
> It's not considered portable make.

Still, it's worth noting that it works with every make implementation
I usually test automake with:

  - GNU make (obviously)
  - FreeBSD 8.2 make (I'm almost sure this works with 7.x too, at least)
  - OpenBSD 4.6
  - NetBSD 5.1
  - Solaris 10 XPG 4 make
  - Solaris 10 CCS make
  - Sun Distributed Make 7.8 (2007/07/19)

So maybe it is "almost portable" today.  Does anyone know whether it works also
with the vendor makes for AIX, OSF1/Tru64, IRIX, HP-UX?

Regards,
  Stefano