Re: [rfc] Antimake

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: [rfc] Antimake
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 12:30:35 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 10 Mar 2012, Marko Kreen wrote:
Can I ask with what license are you distributing your project?  If it's
GPL-compatible, I'd be very happy to re-use some your code in Automake-NG
(assuming they are not too radically different) ...

ISC, but I guess you can take any snippets from there as public domain.
I'm not especially proud of any hacks there, instead most of them feel
like workarounds for make deficiencies.

Being a FSF-copyrighted project, Automake can't just absorb any old code. It needs to be contributed under contract with the FSF by the author or copyright holder.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn