How to leave space for the lib path

From: baxy77bax
Subject: How to leave space for the lib path
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 09:39:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am learning to use automake tool to create my make files. and what i have
seen from the examples on the net you can while creating the configure file
somehow let some library paths unspecified and then specify them when
running

./config --with-libget-prefix=/....

Now when i create my Makefile.in and my configure.ac files and then build
them:

aclocal
configure.ac:62: warning: macro `AM_PATH_LIBGET' not found in library

autoconfig

i get the configuration script but no option to specify the path or the
prefix to my libget library. Since I'm confused now please be patient with
me. I have to figure this out quickly and that is why i'm rushing into this
without first reading all the relevant literature.