AM_LIBADD

From: Charles Brown
Subject: AM_LIBADD
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 14:43:54 -0700 (PDT)

there was a discussion on the list back in 2006/07 about adding an AM_LIBADD.
what came of that?

i ask because the DSO link change has broken many unit test makefiles that
relied on libtool generated libs to gather all the dependencies.  I've resorted
to touching AM_LDFLAGS on each of the affected files. Which is a pain.

Even so,  I have one test suite  that will not link, even with all dependencies
explicitly added.  In that case,

Test c depends on lib c
Lib c depends on lib b
Lib b depends on boost _system

Even with -lboost_system added, the link error complains lib b has unresolved
symbols.

am i .missing a better way of solving this?