Re: GNU Automake 1.12.1 released

From: Diego Elio Pettenò
Subject: Re: GNU Automake 1.12.1 released
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 13:10:34 +0200

Il 06/07/2012 10:26, Stefano Lattarini ha scritto:
> I will soon push the attached patches to take care of the problem.
> Note that they only re-introduce the $(mkdir_p) variable (because
> is very easy to do so), but not the @mkdir_p@ substitution.  Anyone
> knows if this can create problems in practice?

I've seen a couple of packages that did use @address@hidden Honestly for what
concerns Gentoo I think we're better off without either $(mkdir_p) and
@mkdir_p@ and get them updated (of course the same does not apply for
non-distribution contexts).

What is causing us headaches are the portability warnings and the
excessive use of -Werror in projects, but that's a different story (for
what it's worth, the latest gettext release relies on AM_PROG_MKDIR_P
still, which is causing warnings and thus failures with -Werror).

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
address@hidden — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/