not running a make rule if distcheck is called

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: not running a make rule if distcheck is called
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 09:37:14 +0200

Hey

First, what follows is specific to a library that will be compiled
only on Windows.

Because of libtool, I have to remove .la files when installing this
library. I use:

install-data-hook:
        rm -f $(libdir)/libevil.la $(libdir)/libdl.la

but when I call the distcheck rule, the uninstall of my files fails
(it's normal). I get:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/torri/svnroot/evil/evil-1.6.99/_build'
ERROR: files left after uninstall:
./bin/libdl-1.dll
./bin/libevil-1.dll
./lib/libdl.a
./lib/libdl.dll.a
./lib/libevil.a
./lib/libevil.dll.a
make[1]: *** [distuninstallcheck] Error 1

I would like to know if it's possible to not run the install-data-hook
rule if distcheck is called.

Another solution would be to use distcleancheck rule and delete myself
the files, but i don't really like it (and I don't really know how to
use it,the manual is not really precise enough, imho)

does someone know what i should do ?

thank you

Vincent Torri