Re: Non-recursive make with Fortran object files

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: Re: Non-recursive make with Fortran object files
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 15:43:43 +0100

On 12/02/2012 12:19 PM, Alexis Praga wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using non-recursive strategy for compiling my Fortran code. At the
> moment, the .mod files are put in the top directory.
> How can I tell automake to put them in the same folder as the source files
> ?

What are these .mod files exactly?  They are not generated by Automake,
AFAICS.

> The subdir-objects option in configure.ac works only for the .o files.

> Another unrelated question :
> I have scripts generated by make install (testing scripts).

Generating stuff only when "make install" is issued seems counter-intuitive.
Why are you doing this exactly?

> Can I tell automake not to delete them with "basic" clean, like
> mostlyclean ?

But Automake shouldn't clean scripts by default (as it is not unusual that
they are not generated).  Is it cleaning them for you?  That would be
a bug.

> They should be removed only if we really want to, not when cleaning
> .o files.

Then add a custom target to do so:

    clean-my-scripts:
        rm -f $(MY_SCRIPTS)