Re: Automake on QNX 6.5.0

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: Re: Automake on QNX 6.5.0
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 22:17:37 +0100

On 01/08/2013 09:38 PM, Ole Jørgen Legård wrote:
> On 01/08/2013 07:11 PM, Ole Jørgen Legård wrote:
>>> I am trying to compile Automake on QNX 6.5.0, but get the following error
>>> message:
>>>
>>> # make
>>> CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd . &&
>>> "/tmp/automake-1.13/t/wrap/aclocal-1.13"
>>>
> The automatic rebuild rules are kicking in before the aclocal and automake
> scripts have been build.  This should not happen.
>
>>> Can't locate /tmp/automake-1.13/aclocal in @INC (@INC contains:
>>> /tmp/automake-1.13/ /root/localperl/lib/site_perl/5.16.2/x86pc-nto
>>> ...)
>>> make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 2
>>>
>>> What could be the problem, and how should I solve it?
>>>
>> Can you specify the exact list of command you have used to get the automake
> tarball, extract it, configure it and finally build it?
>>From there, we could try to start debugging your problem.
>
> The QNX computer is not connected to the internet so I downloaded
> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/automake/automake-1.13.tar.xz on my Windows PC

OK.

> and extracted the files using 7-zip. I copied the 'automake-1.13'
> folder to the /tmp folder on QNX. Then 'chmod -R 755 automake-1.13/'.

Hmm... I believe some of these commands are messing up with the timestamps
of the files in the Automake source tree, thus triggering the spurious
attempted rebuild you're seeing.  I suggest that you copy the Automake
tarball from Windows to QNX *before* extracting it, and then, on QNX,
use "xz -d" (or "gzip -d" if you are using the .gz tarball) to decompress
it, and tar to extract it (at this point, you shouldn't need to fix the
permissions with "chmod -R" either).

Please let us know if this works out.

Regards,
  Stefano