Re: combined report for make check?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: combined report for make check?
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 23:09:36 GMT

    This would require to change the 'check-recursive' targets not to
    share the same code with the other '*-recursive' targets.  I really
    don't want to go there.

Totally reasonable :).

    The best solution is on the user-side IMHO: fix the build system to
    use less (ideally none) make recursion.

I don't know what you mean.  Texinfo has several separate programs, each
with their own tests.  Isn't subdirectory recursion the natural way to
do it?  How else?

    For that, a "screen scraping" script wrapping the 'make check' invocation

Yeah.  My related idea was that his build script could run something
like
  make check || echo "*** tests failed"
or whatever ...

Thanks,