Re: Removal of INCLUDES in favour of AM_CPPFLAGS

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: Removal of INCLUDES in favour of AM_CPPFLAGS
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 10:38:22 -0800

Stefano Lattarini <address@hidden> writes:

> So, is anyone using or playing with Automake-NG, or at least
> contemplating the idea to do so in the short term?  Or should we just
> let the project die?

I'm not personally using it or playing with it yet, but I like the idea of
rethinking the project and eliminating historic cruft and old workarounds.
I also agree with assuming GNU make; I think it's now hard to find a
system that doesn't have GNU make, and it seems likely it will, in the
long run, allow you to generate much more efficient build systems.  Also,
you seemed to be having fun with it, and I think that's important!

To be honest, the main reason why I've not already started playing with it
is that it's not packaged for Debian, which is enough of a hurdle that I
haven't found the time to fiddle with it.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>