Re: [Automake-NG] Removal of INCLUDES in favour of AM_CPPFLAGS

From: Peter Rosin
Subject: Re: [Automake-NG] Removal of INCLUDES in favour of AM_CPPFLAGS
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 01:51:38 +0100

On 2013-02-02 01:15, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 02/01/2013 05:00 PM, Peter Rosin wrote:
>> Supporting INCLUDES in automake-NG costs nearly nothing.
>
> This, however, is a statement I'm not willing to concede; so while I
> agree with the decision to deprecate (but not remove) INCLUDES from
> automake, I think it is fair game to state that someone switching to
> Automake-NG should be prepared to avoid INCLUDES, as part of that switch.

Oh. I claim ignorance. I blindly assumed the implementation in -NG
was just as trivial as in plain old Automake. When there are technical
reasons to drop INCLUDES in Automake-NG, it's a totally different
situation. I then agree that it's perfectly ok to issue a (default
visible) deprecation warning in Automake, in order to enable an easy
upgrade path to -NG in the future.

I should have known that the removal wasn't as trivially stupid as
it looked at first sight...

Cheers,
Peter