RE: Autoreconf stops with "non-POSIX variable name"

From: Borchert, Oliver
Subject: RE: Autoreconf stops with "non-POSIX variable name"
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 19:07:19 -0400

Eric and Russ,

thanks for the reply. After long testing back and forth I decided to use
AC_SUBST.
My solution might not be the cleanest but it works for me.

In configure.ac I added the following line
AC_SUBST([DOLLAR_SIGN],[$])

In the Makefile.am I changed my previous line into
address@hidden@(shell cat $(SRC_DIR)/$(MY_REVISION_FILE))

Finally the makefile ended up with  the line of code I wanted
MY_REVISION=$(shell cat $(SRC_DIR)/$(MY_REVISION_FILE))

And it works.
Again, thanks for your help

Oliver