versions of automake

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: versions of automake
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 03:18:15 +0000

For reasons I have no forgotten, our software requires automake-1.10 or
later to build.

I do our builds with 1.11.1 right now, and I have the vague memory that
there were issues with older versions of automake that meant that while
*some* folks could use 1.10 or 1.11 for their builds, I recall knowing a
reason I could not.

We're taking a look at bumping the required minimum version of automake,
and I was wondering if there was a list somewhere (other than the
ChangeLog) that would tell me what's going on with the different
releases so we could a) make a better decision, and b) let other folks
know as well so they'd know why we made our choice.

Anybody have some information for me?

--
Harlan Stenn <address@hidden>
http://networktimefoundation.org  - be a member!