Re: DELETE_ON_ERROR test-suite.log and .PRECIOUS

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: Re: DELETE_ON_ERROR test-suite.log and .PRECIOUS
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 11:30:33 +0100

Hi Bob.

On 12/26/2013 10:33 PM, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Dec 2013, Stefano Lattarini wrote:
>>>
>>> Is there a better way to ask automake/make to keep the test-suite.log
>>> around? Is there a way to make the warning go away?
>>>
>>> kind regards
>>>     holger
>>>

>>> [1]
>>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/commit/?id=96bd03d5b8d5d04fc8037c03a43bb5b148cc1e29
>>>
>> Thanks for the suggestion, and sorry for the shameful delay.
>> I implemented the required improvement with the trivial patch
>> attached.  It should appear in Automake 1.15.
>
> I noticed just a few days ago that CONTROL-C during a TAP test deleted the
> associated test log file.  This was annoying because I wanted to stop the
> test after spotting an error (many tests in one TAP test script) but keep
>the log file.  Hopefully the patch solves this as well.

Actually no, but now you should be able to do solve the problem yourself
by declaring $(TEST_LOGS) as a dependency of .PRECIOUS, without Automake
getting in the way.

I don't want to make that the default behaviour, but if you find it
useful and want to suggest it to other people, I won't refuse a
documentation patch ;-)

Regards,
  Stefano