Re: `make check` linking against installed copies of the libraries

From: Thomas Jahns
Subject: Re: `make check` linking against installed copies of the libraries
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 09:27:18 +0100

Hello,

On 02/17/14 21:58, Simon Newton wrote:
[library in libdir used instead of uninstalled one]
> I've found by removing the trailing -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib/olad
> the linker will succeed.  However I can't figure out where -rpath
> /usr/local/lib/olad is coming from.

I think this is an issue with your use of libtool and you might need to ensure
your tests run non-installed binaries prefixed with

$abs_topbuilddir/libtool --mode=execute

although the versions of libtool I know generate wrappers which arrange for that
automatically.

Regards, Thomas
--
Thomas Jahns
DKRZ GmbH, Department: Application software

Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum
Bundesstraße 45a
D-20146 Hamburg

Phone: +49-40-460094-151