compiling scripts to bytecode with Automake?

From: anonymous532
Subject: compiling scripts to bytecode with Automake?
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 16:15:37 +0000 (UTC)

Hello, I have a C project which uses Autoconf and uses Lua for scripting.

I want Automake to be able to compile the Lua scripts to bytecode with "luac".

It is possible to compile a Lua script to bytecode like this:
luac -o myscript.luac myscript.lua

How do I instruct Automake to use luac to compile lua scripts to bytecode? and
then later install them together with the C executable when invoking "make
install"?

Or should I make a bash script instead to compile them?

Thanks