RE: compiling scripts to bytecode with Automake?

From: anonymous532
Subject: RE: compiling scripts to bytecode with Automake?
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 13:02:19 +0000 (UTC)

Sorry I have no idea how to properly reply to my initial message as I am not
subscribed to the mailing list. Anyhow..

Never thought I would write this, but extending Automake is really easy!

I'll write my solution here in case someone finds this with a search engine.

Below is what I came up with (simplified version), simply adding new Lua files
to nobase_dist_lua_DATA will automagically compile them using luac and your
preferred luac flags.

nobase_dist_lua_DATA = \
    scripts/example_one.luac \
    scripts/example_two.luac

LUA_CC = luac
LUA_CC_FLAGS = -s
LUA_OBJECTS = $(nobase_dist_lua_DATA:.lua=.luac)

all-local: lua-compile
clean-local: lua-clean

lua-compile: $(LUA_OBJECTS)

lua-clean: