Re: Path problem in staged build (choosing between staged build or norma

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: Path problem in staged build (choosing between staged build or normal - but not both)?
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 11:38:25 -0700

Johan Persson <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks for the confident boost that its not only me that stumbled upon
> this

> However, I fail to see how the files that you have added to the
> "*_FILES" variables actually get copied to the staging area when
> builddir != srcdir hold (and cleaned up later on) ?

> Would you mind clarify?

That happens here:

perl/lib/Net/Remctl.o: $(srcdir)/perl/lib/Net/Remctl.pm                  \
                $(srcdir)/perl/lib/Net/Remctl.xs                         \
                $(srcdir)/perl/lib/Net/Remctl/Backend.pm                 \
                $(srcdir)/perl/typemap client/libremctl.la perl/Build.PL
        set -e; if [ x"$(builddir)" != x"$(srcdir)" ] ; then            \
            for d in $(PERL_DIRECTORIES) ; do                           \
                [ -d "$(builddir)/$$d" ] || mkdir "$(builddir)/$$d" ;   \
            done ;                                                      \
            for f in $(PERL_FILES) ; do                                 \
                cp "$(srcdir)/$$f" "$(builddir)/$$f" ;                  \
            done ;                                                      \
        fi
        cp -R $(srcdir)/tests/tap/perl/* perl/t/lib/
        rm -f perl/lib/Net/Remctl.o
        cd perl && perl Build.PL                                        \
            --config lddlflags='$(PERL_LDFLAGS_FULL)'                   \
            --config optimize='$(CFLAGS) $(PERL_CFLAGS_EXTRA)'          \
            --extra-compiler-flags '$(PERL_CFLAGS)'                     \
            --extra-linker-flags '-lremctl $(DEPEND_LIBS) $(LIBS)'      \
            $(REMCTL_PERL_FLAGS)
        cd perl && ./Build

and similarly for the other language bindings.  They're cleaned here:

# Also clean the Perl, PHP, and Python directories on make distclean if
# needed.
#
# phpize --clean is stupid and requires that config.m4 exist, but it was
# already deleted by the regular distclean target.  Hack around that.
distclean-local: clean-local
        set -e; if [ x"$(builddir)" != x"$(srcdir)" ] ; then              \
            rm -rf php ;                                                  \
            for f in $(PERL_FILES) ; do                                   \
                rm -f "$(builddir)/$$f" ;                                 \
            done ;                                                        \
            for f in $(PYTHON_FILES) ; do                                 \
                rm -f "$(builddir)/$$f" ;                                 \
            done                                                          \
        else                                                              \
            if [ -n "$(PHPIZE)" ] ; then                                  \
                cd php && touch config.m4 && $(PHPIZE) --clean && cd .. ; \
            fi ;                                                          \
            rm -f php/config.h.in~ php/config.m4 ;                        \
        fi
        set -e; if [ -f "ruby/Makefile" ] ; then        \
            cd ruby && $(MAKE) distclean ;              \
        fi

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)              <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>