Re: Normalized absolute path

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: Re: Normalized absolute path
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 11:09:11 +0100

On 12/19/2014 11:58 PM, Kip Warner wrote:
Hey list,

I am attempting to set a variable in my Makefile.am that contains a
normalized absolute path. I am doing this because another application
invoked through one of my rules breaks when fed a relative path and it
needs it.

         PATH_WORKAROUND=$(realpath abs_top_builddir)/Tests/some_file.foo

I have tried the above and too many syntactical variations, but automake
complains about all of them when I try to achieve the intention of the
above.

Respectfully,

I guess Automake is just complaining about GNU make specific
constructs ('$(replapth ...)' in this case) that would cause
other make implementations to choke.  You might need to add
"AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = -Wno-portability" to the Makefile(s) using
such constructs (I assume you are OK with mandating the use of
GNU make to build your package).

HTH,
  Stefano