Re: Autotools and CMake

From: Kip Warner
Subject: Re: Autotools and CMake
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2014 06:56:11 -0800

On Wed, 2014-12-24 at 15:49 -0700, Warren Young wrote:
> On Dec 23, 2014, at 8:37 PM, Kip Warner <address@hidden> wrote:
> Stefano Lattarini is no longer the Automake maintainer:
>
>   http://goo.gl/eE1v9R

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, Warren.

> I’d put the “mkdir build ; cd build ; cmake ..” type of stuff in your
> bootstrap script:
>
>   http://sourceware.org/autobook/autobook/autobook_43.html

I think that is a good idea. I think the logical place to "configure"
another subproject is within the superproject's configure script. Would
you recommend AC_CONFIG_COMMANDS_PRE to run the subproject's cmake, or
some other method?

--
Kip Warner -- Senior Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred