Re: converting to subdir-objects

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: converting to subdir-objects
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 12:21:44 +0000

On 8 March 2015 at 11:50, Diego Elio Pettenò <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 8 March 2015 at 09:46, Harlan Stenn <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>>  foo_SRCS = ... $(srcdir)/../foo/bar.c
>>

> Have you tried omitting $(srcdir) altogether? It should work just fine
> then. So just foo_SOURCES = ../foo/bar.c

This does work, once you manage to get back to a clean state avoiding
the brokenness of the current build system, which is tricky. "make
distclean" is broken as well. I got my test case to work by doing
something like "autoreconf -i", rerunning "configure" and removing the
incorrectly created directories "A/foo" and "A/$(srcdir)"  manually.