API for Custom Drivers

From: Arthur Schwarz
Subject: API for Custom Drivers
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 16:27:07 -0700

In "15.3.3.1 Command-line arguments for test drivers" there is the
statement:

"The first non-option argument passed to the test driver is the program to
be run, and all the following ones are command-line options and arguments
for this program."

In "15.3.2 Declaring Custom Test Drivers" we have the automake variables
LOG_DRIVER and ext_LOG_DRIVER. Assuming LOG_DRIVER = driver, does the
statement mean that to execute "driver" I type:

   make driver

Instead of
   make check ?

Does the statement mean that if there are 2 or more custom drivers defined
that the test harness will execute all the drivers if "make check" is typed
and only driver if "make driver" is typed?

The failure of the past is the challenge of the present and the success of
the future.