Multiple version installation

From: Andy Falanga (afalanga)
Subject: Multiple version installation
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 16:41:04 +0000

Hi,

I am wondering what techniques are considered most useful for managing
multiple installation of versions.  For example, my team produces a C++
library which we provide both a C++ and a python API.  A couple of our
consumers think they will need multiple versions concurrently.  Knowing
that this product is both a C++ and Python API how would management of
parallel installations work?

I'm not sure if this is an automake question or not.  If it's not, what
venue would be the correct one?

Andy