Re: Re: Turn off C compiler warnings in automake

From: Alex Vong
Subject: Re: Re: Turn off C compiler warnings in automake
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 22:21:23 +0800

Hi Thomas,

Sorry I forget to subscript to the mailing list so I cannot reply, but
now I can.

May be I should clarify why I want to silent those warnings. Actually,
I am working on packaging a GPLed software for a distro. (I am new in
both packaging and autotools.) The software does not use a Makefile
but provides different compilation flags for different targets. This
is of cource inconvienient for end users, so I try to use autotools to
guess the host environment and apply the set of suitable compilation
flags.

Besides, the code base is quite old and as we know compilers always
add new warnings. I have asked upstream about fixing the warnings, but
it seems there is no easy way to fix all of them. So I want to know is
there a portable way to silent all compiler warnings? Since there are
lots of warnings even without '-Wall -Wextra'. I want to know how do
you think about it.

Thanks,
Alex