foo_OBJECTS

From: David Bacon
Subject: foo_OBJECTS
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 14:13:59 -0800

Hi,

I often like to have a dependency-only rule of the form

$(foo_OBJECTS):  Makefile

in my Makefile.am so that my *.$(OBJEXT) files will get regenerated if the Makefile changes due to reconfiguration.

But in doing so, I am using an undocumented variable. Any chance of blessing this usage by documenting such usage and undertaking not to change the _OBJECTS suffix in the future?

Thanks,

   dB