Re: [libtool] make install fails after an incremental build after a pref

From: Peter Johansson
Subject: Re: [libtool] make install fails after an incremental build after a prefix change?
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 10:24:18 +1000

Hi Kees-Jan,

On 12/30/2015 05:52 AM, Kees-Jan Dijkzeul wrote:
On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 8:46 PM, Bob Friesenhahn
<address@hidden>  wrote:
>Try adding 'make clean' to your build steps.
>
>The best thing to do is to build outside of the source tree and use a
>separate build directory for each configure incantation.
Either would obviously work, but kind of defeat the purpose of having
incremental builds, and unnecessarily  load the buildserver. A
solution where I could do an incremental build after a configure
incantation would be much preferred.
Similarly, you could add a 'rm foo.la' in your build steps, which will be less [cpu] expensive. Or you could manually add the dependency you're after, i.e., try something like

foo.la: Makefile

in 'Makefile.am'.

Cheers,
Peter