Re: Automake passing CFLAGS or CXXFLAGS when linking

From: Grégory Pakosz
Subject: Re: Automake passing CFLAGS or CXXFLAGS when linking
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2016 09:05:02 +0200

Thanks for the reply Bob.

Well I indeed copy pasted from a Libtoolized project (by mistake) but
first I noticed CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS where used when linking in a plain
Automake project:

LINK = $(CCLD) $(AM_CFLAGS) $(CFLAGS) $(AM_LDFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@

CXXLINK = $(CXXLD) $(AM_CXXFLAGS) $(CXXFLAGS) $(AM_LDFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@

Also, as far as I can tell, Libtool filters flag only when linking
shared libraries.

Gregory