Re: Automake 1.16

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Automake 1.16
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 16:08:33 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017, Thomas Martitz wrote:

Hello,

are there any plans to release Automake 1.16?

Currently, there is still a nasty bug in 1.15 that is fixed in the development code (I'm talking about the "foo_SOURCES containing variables like $(srcdir)/foo.c" one). Also, I would like to see a release that ships my shorter object file name work. Both issues are raised from time to time, so a release would be welcome.

At last, 1.15 is rather old by now. A fresh release would be a good sign of life.

I just used ftp to ftp.gnu.org and used 'ls -ltr' of the /pub/gnu/automake directory to check upload dates and see that the latest Automake is 1.15.1 dated June 19, 2017. This is not very old. Does it still have the bug which is causing a problem for you?

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn