Re: automake: tap-driver.sh: cleanup and revival.

From: Warren Young
Subject: Re: automake: tap-driver.sh: cleanup and revival.
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 07:36:18 -0600

On Oct 27, 2017, at 7:19 AM, Bob Friesenhahn <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Oct 2017, Warren Young wrote:
>>
>> The operating system has a database mapping what my terminal can do to a
>> common API.  Let the library handle it.
>
> I should point out that the "operating system" does not necessarily have what
> you describe.

Yes, I’m aware that I’m handwaving away the question of how a shell script
talks to ncurses or whatever.  (Too bad POSIX never nailed that one down.)

Anyway, all the opinions are on the table now.  Whoever ends up implementing
this now gets to mull through it all and decide which opinions mesh best with
his own and go with it.