how to link the objects that are not created by libtool

From: sea star
Subject: how to link the objects that are not created by libtool
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 16:50:50 -0800

Hi,

I have a set of object files built by libool and other set of object files
that are not built by libool. The non-libtool object files are created
outside of my project to which I have limited access.

I have the following in my Makefile.am:

objdir=/nfsmnt/projx/build/release/
OBJS="$(objdir)/bar.o $(testdir)/foo.o"

testSDB_SOURCES = $(testdir)/testSDB.cpp

testSDB_LDADD = $(test_LIBS) $(OBJS) -lboost_system -lboost_thread

testSDB_CPPFLAGS = $(SDB_FLAGS) $(CLIENT_FLAGS) $(SERVER_INCS)

At the time of linking, I'm getting the following make error and it
complains that there is no make target for object files defined in OBJS.

make: *** No rule to make target `"/nfsmnt/projx/build/release/bar.o',
needed by `testSDB'.  Stop.

Is there a way stop "make" looking for rule skip building bar.o/foo.o
instead just use the pre-built non-libtool object files during linking? If
so, how do I do that?

I tried specifying OBJS in testSDB_Dependencies(testSDB_DEPENDENCIES=
$(OBJS)), but I was still getting the same error. I couldn't find the
suitable variables  at
https://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/automake.html#Program-and-Library-Variables
to accomplish my needs.

Any help/advice?