Re: manual: Why use 'maude' as the example program name?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: manual: Why use 'maude' as the example program name?
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 15:21:19 -0700

>>>>> "Jonas" == Jonas Thiem <address@hidden> writes:

Jonas> Disclaimer: I haven't read this part of the docs myself. But for what
Jonas> it's worth, I think Maude looks a bit like a misspelling of Make and
Jonas> doesn't stick out that well, compared to "exampleprog" or something.

One such section starts:

       In the list below, we use the name “maude” to refer to the program or
    library.  In your ‘Makefile.am’ you would replace this with the
    canonical name of your program.  This list also refers to “maude” as a
    program, but in general the same rules apply for both static and dynamic
    libraries; the documentation below notes situations where programs and
    libraries differ.

I guess my view is that in all the years of Automake, if we're first
hearing about it now, then it probably isn't really that confusing.
Also AFAICT it isn't mentioned on stack overflow.

Tom