Re: Why does one shared library cause the project to fail: Warning: Link

From: Yuri
Subject: Re: Why does one shared library cause the project to fail: Warning: Linking the executable x against the loadable module
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2018 16:39:25 -0700

On 03/30/18 22:52, Yuri wrote:
This project (calf studio) fails to build for me. Here is the Makefile.am that seems to cause a problem: https://github.com/calf-studio-gear/calf/blob/master/src/Makefile.am

It builds the shared library calf.so. The library is built, but later it fails when this shared library is fed to another command line as a source:

*** Warning: Linking the executable calfbenchmark against the loadable module
*** calf.so is not portable!

How do I get this autotools bug fixed?

I reported this a few months ago and there is no answer.

The FreeBSD port for the calf studio can't be updated for this reason.

What should I do? How can I make this error go away?

Thanks,

Yuri