Re: Recreate the config files

From: Nick Bowler
Subject: Re: Recreate the config files
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 10:57:41 -0500

On 12/7/18, Deepa Ballari <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm trying to add new options to newlib.I get all different sort of
> errors when I run autoconf,automake..
> How can I recreate the config files and sync with
> automake (GNU automake) 1.15, autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.69, libtool
> (GNU libtool) 2.4.6 ?
>
> List of errors:
> 1)newlib/libc$ autoconf
> configure.in:37: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
> configure.in:71: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
> configure.in:72: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL

I expect the issue is that you are expected to run aclocal first.  You
can sometimes use autoreconf which knows how to run several of the GNU
build tools in the right sequence.

However, the newlib project may have additional requirements to
bootstrap their build system, as many projects use additional functions
outside of the basic GNU set.  This would presumably be documented
somewhere in the newlib documentation, (a lot of projects have a script
to do this, sometimes called 'bootstrap').

You will likely get better help on the newlib mailing list.

Cheers,
  Nick