Re: Parallel builds with some ordering constraints

From: Kip Warner
Subject: Re: Parallel builds with some ordering constraints
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 23:19:25 -0800

On Mon, 2018-12-31 at 10:48 +1000, Peter Johansson wrote:
> Interesting. I've used this pattern for long time here
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/yat-util/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/Makefile.am

Thank you Peter. I ended up doing something very similar.

> The most significant difference I can see is that my tests have
> suffix '.test' and the log files '.log' (not '.test.log'). I know
> that variable  TEST_EXTENSIONS is set to '.test' by default so my
> guess would be that the different behaviour would be related to this
> variable.

What I ended up doing was giving all relevant targets an alias named
"ordered_test_*" and then declaring ordering rules for each. It looks
very clean and it works.

--
Kip Warner | Senior Software Engineer
OpenPGP signed/encrypted mail preferred