Re: problems with "make install" directory permissions

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: problems with "make install" directory permissions
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 15:24:40 -0600

    https://lists.gnu.org/r/bug-bison/2020-07/msg00042.html

I can understand increasing permissions to allow +rx on installation
directories, but why force 755, thus disallowing group writability?
I've never understood this forcing of 755.

    I don't think Zack plans to release a new Automake.

Jim and I released automake-1.16.2 in March this year. We could make
another release, but it seems you have already dealt with it sufficiently.

As far as I know, there are no huge outstanding problems in automake. I
have been slowly trying to look at the backlog of bugs (since no one
else was, for years) and at least apply patches that have been
submitted. Tons remain. Of course other active contributors would be
most welcome. --thanks, karl.